Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

justicef

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 6, 2016
Hello!

I have installed recenty Candy Crush Soda game and played about 4 months. Meanwhile had some problems with my iPhone and battery, made some hard resets and now it's okay. But when I try to launch the game the app crashes (after 3 secs it returns consequently do desktop).

Tried to unsinstall the app and install a new instance, but the problem stays (app crashes) and I dont know what to do. Tried everything, resets, checked free space, new updates, made new accounts in appstore but nothing helps.

I see that after deleting the app from system there are some files of this game left still on hdd so deleting the app from system is not connected with full throwing out it from system.

Maybe there is some 3-rd party app that can uninstall apps from my phone completely? And propably then I can launch my game after fresh game install ?

Thanks for your help,
JFD

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
How do you know there's something left over after you uninstall the app?

justicef

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 6, 2016
When I reinstall the app again I see the small red circle in the corner of the icon which tells about my previous advances in the game (2 messages from the app that I had when I was playing the game before crash).

This circle appears all the time whenever I reinstall the app so it must read from somewhere about these messages. So I conclude from this that the app was not fully uninstalled or some part of information were left on the device.

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.