Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PrincessV

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2012
I've been looking a NoteSuite & it appears to address some of tracking/note taking issues I have.

I am currently using Things (for To-Do items), iCal & Capture 365 to keep notes on employee coverage, Inspections & some small project tracking. I also use OneNote as notebook for different subjects.

All of the above allows me to sync between iPad, MBA & Mac via iCloud.

Notesuite seems to have all of the above traits. But from reading the feedback, Notesuite may be abandoned by the Developer.

Does anyone know of an App that may have the same features as NoteSuite.

Thanks!

GerritV

macrumors 68020
May 11, 2012
I've used NoteSuite for a while, then switched to Notebooks - and never looked back.

Both can handle notes and tasks, but I'm not sure what you mean by project tracking.
Anyway, IMHO Notebooks is way better than Notesuite. The distinction between notes and tasks is much clearer and easier to work with, the interface is nice and clean. The concept of notebooks and task lists is very easy to handle, you can create books in books in books endlessly, import and export is working great, etc.

Notebooks syncs through Dropbox, but it's a shallow syncing process - means you actually have to open a notebook to trigger the sync. Notebooks doesn't do iCloud, not a problem for me since I don't use iCloud. Dropbox is a much better choice IMHO.

Notebooks for iOS is a 5 star app for me, but the Mac client still needs to be developped further to reach the same level.

And finally, the Notebooks developer is a real nice person, always ready to listen and quick to reply.
Nice website, very good manual. Not the cheapest app, but worth every cent if you ask me.

PrincessV

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2012
I've used NoteSuite for a while, then switched to Notebooks - and never looked back.

Both can handle notes and tasks, but I'm not sure what you mean by project tracking.
Anyway, IMHO Notebooks is way better than Notesuite. The distinction between notes and tasks is much clearer and easier to work with, the interface is nice and clean. The concept of notebooks and task lists is very easy to handle, you can create books in books in books endlessly, import and export is working great, etc.

Notebooks syncs through Dropbox, but it's a shallow syncing process - means you actually have to open a notebook to trigger the sync. Notebooks doesn't do iCloud, not a problem for me since I don't use iCloud. Dropbox is a much better choice IMHO.

Notebooks for iOS is a 5 star app for me, but the Mac client still needs to be developped further to reach the same level.

And finally, the Notebooks developer is a real nice person, always ready to listen and quick to reply.
Nice website, very good manual. Not the cheapest app, but worth every cent if you ask me.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll have to take a look at DropBox. What I like about iCloud is that I don't have to take an extra step to sync. I like that what I input on one device will be on another (update on iPad & it's on my MBA or MAC, with having to do anything extra).

The "small project" I mentioned: I have quarterly task that need to be completed for 14 employees. With Things, I create the task by name (Truck Inspection) & then add each employee's name under that project title. As I complete each employee, I check them off with the date of completion.

Wbutchart

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2013

Have to agree, this is my go to app for virtually all word processing needs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.