Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pax-eterna

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 24, 2022
I want to run backing tracks from songs I have created that have mutliple parts (as in a standard DAW type of thing)...reason being that whenever I need/want to, I can mute out certain parts....for example if I have a guitarist sitting in (I am keys) I can simply mute out the guitar parts, viz a bass player or whatever.

I am tired of needing to open the DAW, do changes or even minor tweaks and then have to convert it all over to a stereo MP3 file to play live.

So if there was an app I could use like a DAW to create the tracks in the first place and then simply use the same app for live gigs, perfect! Failing that, an app I can load up songs with individual WAV files and be able to select such songs via external MIDI control. Bit like a "jukebox" sort of thing.

haha, I am probably asking the impossible, but you never know ;)

pax-eterna

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 24, 2022
No, I have not. Didn't know it existed haha. I'll certainly have a look!

EDIT: Ahhh, that's hardware. No, not what I was after.

MajorFubar

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2021
Lancashire UK
So I'm late to the party and you haven't specified what device you are using, but is there any reason why you have ruled out the idea of creating a project in GarageBand for each song, dragging the WAVs or MP3s for each part of the song into its own audio track, then just muting the parts you want to play live? You can save the project and open it up again later, unmuting and muting different parts as required.

EDIT better grammar

Last edited:

pax-eterna

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 24, 2022
So I'm late to the party and you haven't specified what device you are using, but is there any reason why you have ruled out the idea of creating a project in GarageBand for each song, dragging the WAVs or MP3s for each part of the song into its own audio track, then just muting the parts you want to play live? You can save the project and open it up again later, unmuting and muting different parts as required.

EDIT better grammar

Thanks, no I had not thought of that tbh - I was considering Mainstage but I am not sure it can host multiple audio tracks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.