Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brunozs

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
I use Focus (heyfocus.com) to study for school. It blocks apps and certain Safari pages for a certain period of time without the possibility to reverse it (even if you force quit or restart).

Since I updated to Mojave it stopped working on Safari. I believe it's because it had popped, once, a window asking for "permission to access" Safari and I inadvertently denied it.

Now, how do I undo this and allow it? I've tried deleting all Focus files and preferences, but it didn't work!

Thanks

alexclst

macrumors member
Dec 24, 2007
Saint Paul, MN
My guess is that you need to go to Apple menu > System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Automation. Check the app to app combinations that seem appropriate in relation to Focus, Safari, etc. I’ve added a screenshot of those preferences on my Mac as an example.

44403371664_2349eb8772_o_d.jpg

Reactions: brunozs

brunozs

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
My guess is that you need to go to Apple menu > System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Automation. Check the app to app combinations that seem appropriate in relation to Focus, Safari, etc. I’ve added a screenshot of those preferences on my Mac as an example.

44403371664_2349eb8772_o_d.jpg
Thanks! It worked!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.