Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Tos

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 5, 2011
Buffalo, New York
hello all. I have ios 8 running on my cdma 5s. IDK how I did it but somehow got an app in the bottom left corner of my lockscreen. It acts kind of like a quick launcher if I swipe all the way up. Also, the same app is in my multi-tasking if i double click and move to the left past the homescreen. It says from (null) there. I deleted the app and it went away. Not sure what this is or how it happened.

TheGritmaster

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2013
It's Continuity. Do you have an iPad or a Mac running Yosemite?

I was getting it this morning with my Bank of America app, because I had the app open on my iPad before picking up my phone.

Anton626

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2014
hello all. I have ios 8 running on my cdma 5s. IDK how I did it but somehow got an app in the bottom left corner of my lockscreen. It acts kind of like a quick launcher if I swipe all the way up. Also, the same app is in my multi-tasking if i double click and move to the left past the homescreen. It says from (null) there. I deleted the app and it went away. Not sure what this is or how it happened.

I think it is the new feature called "Continuity".

The Tos

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 5, 2011
Buffalo, New York
I don't have any other devices running iOS 8. My MacBook is still on Mavericks. It was my banking app too. Weird. I know for sure I wasn't running the app anywhere else.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.