Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macgic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
im looking for a app that works like apples remote except the other way around. instead of being able to control your computer i'd like to be able to control my phone. since i connect my phone to my stereo while i am in the other room on my computer. does anyone know if this exists?

dizzlemizzle

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2008
do you mean being able to play the music that is on your itunes on your iphone? if you run os x you can use simplify to do this...as well as stream music to your iphone from your friends' libraries.

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2007
do you mean being able to play the music that is on your itunes on your iphone? if you run os x you can use simplify to do this...as well as stream music to your iphone from your friends' libraries.

Did you not read the OP? He wants a remote desktop app that can be ran on his computer, which controls his phone in another room.

Pooshka

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2008
Usually, a smaller device controls a bigger one, not the other way around. Why not search for a DESKTOP app that would connect to your stereo directly?

emt1

macrumors 65816
Jan 30, 2008
Wisconsin
im looking for a app that works like apples remote except the other way around. instead of being able to control your computer i'd like to be able to control my phone. since i connect my phone to my stereo while i am in the other room on my computer. does anyone know if this exists?

Would you be willing to jailbreak your phone? It could be done if you do this.

Chrysaor

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2006
You can use Veency (jailbreak VNC server) to control your iPhone screen from anywhere.

Macgic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
Ya like the OP said i want to be able to control my phone from my computer. reason being i don't like having to set my computer up to my sound system because the chord is short and its an awkward set up. so using my phone is much easier.

and thanks ill try veency. im JB already so no prob.

EDIT i can't find veency in cydia. whats the source?

EDIT 2. found it.

Macgic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
Usually, a smaller device controls a bigger one, not the other way around. Why not search for a DESKTOP app that would connect to your stereo directly?

Because i have an older setup late 80's early 90's Bose speaker sound system (still sounds amazing) and i am not sure what i would have to buy to do that. also i would have to use cd's and i want all the music on one device.

besides i dont want to spend money if i don't have too. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.