Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pinokio

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2018
Good morning to all. I have a doubt and appologize if this has been brought up here before.
I purchased an Apple TV recently and when I installed a purchased app I already have on my iphone, I had to pay again for it.
Besides trying to restore purchased apps, it only worked when I purchased it again. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance.

-Gonzo-

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2015
Depends on the app I guess, usually any previously purchased apps should show up in the purchases section under Not on this Apple TV.
If the Apple TV app isn’t exactly the same as the iPhone app then it could be treated as a different app entirely.
What app is it?

Reactions: pinokio

pinokio

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2018
Depends on the app I guess, usually any previously purchased apps should show up in the purchases section under Not on this Apple TV.
If the Apple TV app isn’t exactly the same as the iPhone app then it could be treated as a different app entirely.
What app is it?
Thanks Gonzo! That's it, I've checked and one is for the iPhone and the other Apple TV!

Reactions: -Gonzo-
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.