Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

griffmeister

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 29, 2015
Hi all,

Although an App is associated with an iTunes/iCloud ID, is it possible that a history of your purchases are also associated with the actual iPhone in question? Can an app purchase be associated to the serial number of the phone?

I have multiple apple products on one iTunes account/iCloud account stupidly and because each product has a cloud icon next to previously downloaded apps, I want to know which phone downloaded what originally.

No, it's the reverse, the serial number of your iPhone is associated with your Apple ID, your Apps as you know are also Associated by Apple ID. Since you want to do something like that, you'd probably want to look at setting up a Family Account which will split apps up by family members.

electronicsguy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2015
Pune, India
Hi all,

Although an App is associated with an iTunes/iCloud ID, is it possible that a history of your purchases are also associated with the actual iPhone in question? Can an app purchase be associated to the serial number of the phone?

I have multiple apple products on one iTunes account/iCloud account stupidly and because each product has a cloud icon next to previously downloaded apps, I want to know which phone downloaded what originally.
no

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.