Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
Hello,

I’ve noticed a strange issue recently, like over the last week maybe. My phone has randomly been connecting to my AirPods Pro, even When they’re in the case, closed. Normally I just ignore this. However today I was walking around listening to music on the AirPods max, and my pros were in my pocket, and it would randomly connect to the pros. Even though the case was shut.

has this happened to anyone else?
is it an iOS glitch from 15.2?

secretk

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2018
I am experiencing similar problems. AirPods Pro would randomly connect to my iPhone or iPad despite being in the case charging. I can't say if it is related to iOS/iPadOS 15.2 or to the new AirPods Pro firmware.

Reactions: laz232

clumsythief83

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2010
Same thing happens to me with my iPhone 13 Pro Max on iOS 15.2 and airpods Pro.
It just randomly tries to connect to the airPods for a few seconds even tho they're in its case. Very annoying because it makes my music/videos stop playing everytime and I have to repress on play.

Reactions: laz232

TorontoSS

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
So it stopped happening to me, after I disconnected the Airpods Pro and then set them up again. It stopped reconnected to the APP and seems to have fixed the issue.

Last edited:

laz232

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2016
At a café near you
Same problem - started happening about a month ago. They replaced the case and it got worse (happens 5-6 times per day). The APP connect for a few seconds - stop my podcast playing - and disconnect. Infuriating.

Re-connecting the APP to my iPhone 8 did not resolve anything (FWIW my iPhone is on 14.8.1)

Perhaps the new AirPods 4C165 firmware.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.