Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 10, 2010
日本
Hmm, got my little "simple" app rejected with the comment they need a video demontrating the app.cant remember read that in the guidelines ...:mad:

Two questions:
1) Is that common ?
2) is there a good way for video-capture without JB or external VGA recorder ?

Or do I really need to put my video camera on the tripod and make a video ?

Last edited:

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
I did a video screen capture off of the iOS Simulator window on my Mac, with a really sloppy amateur voice-over; and that was enough to get the app approved.

My guess was that the reviewer didn't play any musical instruments, and thus needed to be shown someone playing a few notes or something.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 10, 2010
日本
Did a quick "iPad record iPad" video ... Poor quality but hopefully enough for the review. Let see what next they will find.

It's my first app made it that far. Are they coming issue by issue or do they send a list of stuff to be fixed at once ?

xArtx

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2012
If you have an iPad and iPhone, one device recording the other, and upped to Youtube is ok.

Duncan C

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2008
Northern Virginia
Hmm, got my little "simple" app rejected with the comment they need a video demontrating the app.cant remember read that in the guidelines ...:mad:

Two questions:
1) Is that common ?
2) is there a good way for video-capture without JB or external VGA recorder ?

Or do I really need to put my video camera on the tripod and make a video ?

Required a video? Odd. I've never seen that or even heard of it until now. Your app is a musical instrument?

I guess if the tester can't figure out how to work the UI then they need a video to understand how it works.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 10, 2010
日本
Required a video? Odd. I've never seen that or even heard of it until now. Your app is a musical instrument?

I guess if the tester can't figure out how to work the UI then they need a video to understand how it works.

No music; a monitoring app for "Folding@Home" clients ... Agree, maybe a more specialized app but a very simple UI.
Even with my video it got rejected again; just wrote to the review board. Not a happy camper right now. :mad:

Duncan C

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2008
Northern Virginia
No music; a monitoring app for "Folding@Home" clients ... Agree, maybe a more specialized app but a very simple UI.
Even with my video it got rejected again; just wrote to the review board. Not a happy camper right now. :mad:

Folding@home, the distributed protein folding app, cousin of SETI@home?

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 10, 2010
日本
Folding@home, the distributed protein folding app, cousin of SETI@home?

Yes; folding terestic proteins; after SETI send us some alien proteins I'm sure we fold them too ;)

The submitted app is to remote control the clients from iPad while away from the systems assigned to folding tasks.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 10, 2010
日本
Latest reason: supposed to be an in-house app only for member of my organization. I think they did not get the meaning of "donor" which I used in the description. So I rephrased in the appeal and explain more.
In addition they suggested use of HTML which would not work with upcoming ideas of iCloud integration and enhanced visualization. Also the used 3rd party API might not work well that way.
Let see how it goes ...

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
Original poster
May 10, 2010
日本
:)

This morning I woke up and a notification popped up on my iPad saying: processing for App Store
Can't wait until iTunesConnect is back from maintenance to read what they wrote

Happy camper now
:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.