Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JSfromDK

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2023
Anyone else experiencing problems with App Shortcut Widgets on iPad?

I have an iPad Air 5 and I have made two shortcuts, one for my Ring app and one for my Mail app. I have these shortcuts in the Widget menu. Problems are that I can't press them - yes, right after a restart they work fine, but soon after they become unresponsive. I simply can't press them - it's almost like the screen doesn't work in that area, but the area works fine in the rest of the system. I then tried adding the Siri Suggestions widget, the funny thing is - several of the 6 apps that are displayed are also unresponsive, others work fine and all other Widgets work fine to.

I have the same widgets on my iPhone and it works without any problems. Both devices are updated to iOS/iPadOS 16.5

I have of course tried Forced Restart, normal restart. I have deleted the shortcuts and added them again. Still the same error - it works without problems after a reboot, but the next time I go back to the widget menu they don't work. I have a Magic Mouse and Magic Keyboard connected, it doesn't change if I disconnect - so I don't think that's where problems arise.

My last option is wipe everything and make a clean install... but... arrhgg.

Have you experienced it, and have you possibly found a fix?

Last edited:

Slartibart

macrumors 68030
Aug 19, 2020
which iPadOS version? Which "widget menu"? Can you run them multiple times sequentially from Shortcuts? Maybe you can share the code via e.g. a screen shot?

JSfromDK

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 30, 2023
Version: iPadOS 16.5

When you are on the Home screen and swipe to the right, you will get to the Widget Menu. On the gif file you can see that the shortcut to my Ring app does not respond - I press it, but it is as if the press is not registered. If I delete the shortcut from the menu and add it again, it works. But only 1 time, then it stops working. The other Shortcuts work fine.

IMG_0005.gif

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.