Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Toutou

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2015
Prague, Czech Republic
Seriously, what's with the size of that thing? I mean, on the screen. Is macOS getting ready for touch input, or… dunno. Just what kind of ****ing design is this?

(compared to a sane app like Finder)
mas.jpg

Reactions: g-7

sosumi99

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2003
It did look odd to me as well -- and the thought did occur to me whether the new App Store has also been rewritten to use iOS APIs.

randomgeeza

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2014
United Kingdom
I agree with OP and have already started a thread about it.

The font size is nasty large and needs to be adjustable. Likewise, with the sidebar.

Another thing I noticed was, if you click the menu bar items with a mouse it moves the app window. They allowed a clickable area to also move the window rather than opting to use the top of the sidebar or window itself, avoiding this scenario.

IMHO, it's bad! It disappoints me every time I use it. And if it is a clue as to how macOS is headed come the iOS app compatibility thing, I guess I'm out. Home, News, Stocks and Voice Memo's are equally as bad. iOS wrapped. And not wrapped well.

frou

macrumors 65816
Mar 14, 2009
The old Mac App Store was strange when it debuted as well. The way it did navigation as silhouette icons in the centre of a skinny toolbar did not feel Mac-like at the time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.