Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Allan in T.Dot

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I have 2 app store accounts - one is quite old that has about 35$ on the account, and the other is a proper account.

Is there any way to merge the accounts or sync the funds and app purchase history?

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
I have 2 app store accounts - one is quite old that has about 35$ on the account, and the other is a proper account.

Is there any way to merge the accounts or sync the funds and app purchase history?

See if you can initiate a Family Sharing with 'Share Purchases' enabled. That way, you can access each account's purchases in the App Store. I know that payment methods sync, but don't know if credit balance syncs. You can try.

Reactions: Allan in T.Dot

Allan in T.Dot

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Great idea. Do you think the old account should be the organizer as it has the funds and all the purchases made? Or do you think it should be the new account.

EDIT: FYI all: "If you want to change the Apple ID that you use to share purchases with your family, you can sign in with a different account once every 90 days. You can also update your shared payment method."

See if you can initiate a Family Sharing with 'Share Purchases' enabled. That way, you can access each account's purchases in the App Store. I know that payment methods sync, but don't know if credit balance syncs. You can try.

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
Great idea. Do you think the old account should be the organizer as it has the funds and all the purchases made? Or do you think it should be the new account.

EDIT: FYI all: "If you want to change the Apple ID that you use to share purchases with your family, you can sign in with a different account once every 90 days. You can also update your shared payment method."

I'd say make the ID with funds as organiser, although it does not quite matter for credit cards. Since we have credit balance, this might matter. Then, deplete the funds, and then stop family sharing. Once stopped on all devices, restart family sharing with the "proper account" as organiser, going forward.

Allan in T.Dot

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Did exactly that - so far so good. I wonder if the Organizer's app's are shared, or if all the app's purchased in all the different accounts (if there were more than one) are shared. I'll post an update another time.

I'd say make the ID with funds as organiser, although it does not quite matter for credit cards. Since we have credit balance, this might matter. Then, deplete the funds, and then stop family sharing. Once stopped on all devices, restart family sharing with the "proper account" as organiser, going forward.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.