Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thomashk

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 26, 2008
Hi guys,

I put together a database that shows the Apps from the iTunes App Store with a reduced price and many other things.
Reduced price: http://thomas.infoxenter.com/app-store-database/reduced-price
New Apps: http://thomas.infoxenter.com/app-store-database/new-apps
Search: http://thomas.infoxenter.com/app-store-database/search

Apps which have a reduced price for some time already won't show in the list. I started the database last Wednesday. If an App was already offered at a reduced price at that day, it won't show in the database.

Comments etc. are most welcome.

BennyK

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2004
Appleton, WI
Hi guys,

I put together a database that shows the Apps from the iTunes App Store with a reduced price.
Soon you can also look for new, updated or unavailable apps, or Apps with increased price.
Check it our here: http://thomas.infoxenter.com/app-store-database/reduced-price

Apps which have a reduced price for some time already won't show in the list. I started the database last Wednesday. If an App was already offered at a reduced price at that day, it won't show in the database.

Thanks!!

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
Hi guys,

I put together a database that shows the Apps from the iTunes App Store with a reduced price.
Soon you can also look for new, updated or unavailable apps, or Apps with increased price.
Check it our here: http://thomas.infoxenter.com/app-store-database/reduced-price

WOOOW thank you so much! Now I won't have to dig all the iPhone applications just to see what's on sale or not. This is really helpful! Kudos!

DreamPod

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2008
And then you could lower its price, ripping open the fabric of the universe!

thomashk

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 26, 2008
Last update for the weekend:
Now you can also check for Limited Time offers.
This basically just searches for "Limited Time" in the App description. So there might be some entries here, which shouldn't be there, but still works quite well.
If you know some other keywords for this let me know please.

One more gimmick, if you click on the App Name, the history of this App (old price, version) will be shown below the table.

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
Last update for the weekend:
Now you can also check for Limited Time offers.
This basically just searches for "Limited Time" in the App description. So there might be some entries here, which shouldn't be there, but still works quite well.
If you know some other keywords for this let me know please.

One more gimmick, if you click on the App Name, the history of this App (old price, version) will be shown below the table.

It keeps getting better and better, thank you so much! Definitely bookmarked :)

Solver

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
USA
WOW! This is great. Picked up some real bargains. Anyone who is an iPhone app shopper needs to check here first. This site may be worth advertising on.

Think it would be worth listing apps that increased in price?

MadGoat

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2007
Canada
It's already out of date. If you're entering this stuff manually, I assume that it will fail within a few days.

you need to find a feed to pull your information from and then run price checks. And you need to do so on an hourly basis.

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
It's already out of date. If you're entering this stuff manually, I assume that it will fail within a few days.

you need to find a feed to pull your information from and then run price checks. And you need to do so on an hourly basis.

Well it's still in beta stage, so I guess more time is needed.

thomashk

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 26, 2008

I don't do this manually, that's almost impossible, you'll need to many people to do this. But checking all Apps each hour is also not possible at the moment. It would put a too high load on my server and on Apple's server. FYI the update frequency is now about 6 hours, which is good enough in my opinion.
If you see an outdated information on my site, please let me know. I need to know
  • when you checked
  • Which information was wrong

thomashk

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 26, 2008
Think it would be worth listing apps that increased in price?

I can already do that, but it's not yet public. I want to make sure that no wrong information appears.
Nobody likes price increases, so I want to avoid that a publisher is blamed for a price increase that actually did not happen.

MadGoat

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2007
Canada
I don't do this manually, that's almost impossible, you'll need to many people to do this. But checking all Apps each hour is also not possible at the moment. It would put a too high load on my server and on Apple's server. FYI the update frequency is now about 6 hours, which is good enough in my opinion.
If you see an outdated information on my site, please let me know. I need to know
  • when you checked
  • Which information was wrong

iCube was listed as free, the link brought me to the free site, but it was no longer available and was showing up as a paid app.

thomashk

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 26, 2008
iCube was listed as free, the link brought me to the free site, but it was no longer available and was showing up as a paid app.
Thanks for the information, most likely bad timing. The database hasn't got the new price at the time you checked the iTunes store.
Just now a similar App is available for free: xCube, haven't tried it yet, but the screenshot looks actually better than iCube.

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
I just checked the website/blog above and it shows [app]Mediamote[/app] went on sale from 4.99 down to 2.99 USD, I was wondering if anyone tried this yet? I can't find a review on any threads here in Macrumors.

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
Just a quick bump as well for this thread,
only for today Sept 30, the Stone of Destiny (link)
is on sale for only $0.99 (regularly at 9.99) so grab it!

(90% discount woooo)

DigMe

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2008
looks good. Thanks! Only thing I would change would be to have the slider to advance to the next page in the list at the bottom of the page too instead of just at the top.

thomashk

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 26, 2008
looks good. Thanks! Only thing I would change would be to have the slider to advance to the next page in the list at the bottom of the page too instead of just at the top.
Yeah, I thought about this once already, but you have to scroll up anyway to see the top of the list, so I thought it doesn't really matter.
Any other opinion on this? Page slider on top or bottom?

DigMe

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2008
Yeah, I thought about this once already, but you have to scroll up anyway to see the top of the list, so I thought it doesn't really matter.
Any other opinion on this? Page slider on top or bottom?

I start at the top and scroll to the bottom so to me it makes sense to have the slider at the bottom and ideally when it loads the next page it should automatically start back at the top of the list.

Why not have the slider at top AND bottom though?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.