Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lowe Lilliehorn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 30, 2015
Hello, guys!

Here we are again, new betas, new problems, The only way to solve them is to ask.

I dont know If U guys notice it on your iPhone 5s, But I have.

Now, to the problem.

Whenever I go into the App Store, Press the Free button, It just spins around. For like 5 minutes, after that, it tells me that I cant buy. I tried other apps, and its the same thing.
I have done the following:

Restore settings
Erase All Datas and Settings
Force Restart the iPhone.

What Should I do?
I really need help. Thank you sooo much!

/ A User who needs his apps back :(

Suspended
Jun 23, 2017
Hello, guys!

Here we are again, new betas, new problems, The only way to solve them is to ask.

I dont know If U guys notice it on your iPhone 5s, But I have.

Now, to the problem.

Whenever I go into the App Store, Press the Free button, It just spins around. For like 5 minutes, after that, it tells me that I cant buy. I tried other apps, and its the same thing.
I have done the following:

Restore settings
Erase All Datas and Settings
Force Restart the iPhone.

What Should I do?
I really need help. Thank you sooo much!

/ A User who needs his apps back :(

Do you have a payment method? If so, make sure that it's valid and that you don't have any outstanding bills from Apple.

Lowe Lilliehorn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 30, 2015
Do you have a payment method? If so, make sure that it's valid and that you don't have any outstanding bills from Apple.
Hi !

No I dont...... I dont have any Payment Method. I have selected none.
Thanks u for helping me anyway!

I really need help! :) :)

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
If you have a mac or pc with itunes, you can try to use itunes to download the app to your phone. this will not trigger any content syncs with your device.
ios 11 beta 2 has some issues regarding app store which prevents some apps from being updated. your issue might be similar to this one.
also, "erase all content and settings" may fail in this beta.
if you dont have itunes, then the best you can do is try again and again, hoping at some point, you can download the app you want.

Lowe Lilliehorn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 30, 2015
If you have a mac or pc with itunes, you can try to use itunes to download the app to your phone. this will not trigger any content syncs with your device.
ios 11 beta 2 has some issues regarding app store which prevents some apps from being updated. your issue might be similar to this one.
also, "erase all content and settings" may fail in this beta.
if you dont have itunes, then the best you can do is try again and again, hoping at some point, you can download the app you want.
Okay thank you.

The new buying interface has not even pop up yet. Why do u think that is?

Lowe Lilliehorn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 30, 2015
Because you are posting at iOS 11 forum, I assume you use some form of iOS 11 beta.
I mean, on my iPad it pops up. Like an Apple Pay interface, and on my friends iPhone. Mine doesnt. That is the real question tho...

I think it has something to do with that.
But I dont know how to get that Touch ID buyong interface to me......

:(

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I mean, on my iPad it pops up. Like an Apple Pay interface, and on my friends iPhone. Mine doesnt. That is the real question tho...

I think it has something to do with that.
But I dont know how to get that Touch ID buyong interface to me......

:(
Ok. This time it is much clearer.

Well, perhaps you need to adjust password setting and set up a few fingerprints on your device to let that interface pop up. I am set to enter password even for free purchases.

Lowe Lilliehorn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 30, 2015

Well, perhaps you need to adjust password setting and set up a few fingerprints on your device to let that interface pop up. I am set to enter password even for free purchases.
Hi, thanks I will try!
[doublepost=1498416063][/doublepost]

Hi again!

Well, for starters, i kind of worked. Buuuut, no. It did ask me for my Password, then nothing happened. I tried again with another app. Did it work? No..... Man, this sucks.

Do u have another tip for me ?

Thank you so much!
[doublepost=1498417551][/doublepost]

It doesnt even ask me for my password anymore...... Is there a setting I might pressed?
Is there something that doesnt work for iPhone5s only?

Do U know?

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
IMG_4193.PNG

IMG_4194.jpg

This is what I see when trying to buy a free app. Unfortunately, I cannot find the password setting in Restrictions in beta 2. Before that, It was set to require password for both free app and paid app, as well as in app purchases.
Perhaps you can wait for next beta and see if password setting is back, or move to somewhere else. At least for me, I cannot find that setting.

Lowe Lilliehorn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 30, 2015
View attachment 705708
View attachment 705710
This is what I see when trying to buy a free app. Unfortunately, I cannot find the password setting in Restrictions in beta 2. Before that, It was set to require password for both free app and paid app, as well as in app purchases.
Perhaps you can wait for next beta and see if password setting is back, or move to somewhere else. At least for me, I cannot find that setting.
Ok. I will try using a new Apple ID, and see if that works instead..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.