Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

papbot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 19, 2015
This is not a stuttering issue as I’ve not noticed that. But the App Store app seems to reload content when navigating to tabs - Games, Apps, Search, etc. - and back to the main page. Almost like the Safari memory issue in ios 14 when tabs would regularly reload the site, or when launching other apps which had to reload their content. But the worst issue is when viewing reviews for any app on the store. I normally go to All Reviews, usually most recent. Scrolling through the reviews the screen will occasionally freeze sometimes temporarily and sometimes requiring a force quit of the App Store to regain function. If that doesn’t happen tapping the back arrow to return to the main app info screen is very sluggish. The return arrow will go dark, or fade, but nothing happens for several seconds and then it will return to the info screen. And on occasion trying to return freezes the screen altogether again requiring a force quit. These issues are especially significant on my 13 Pro Max which is on 15.0.2 but also seen on my iPad Pro on 15.1. And again it is not specific to any listed app but to the App Store app itself. Are others seeing this?

Slartibart

macrumors 68030
Aug 19, 2020
after the initial load each tab there is absolutely no reload. Switching between tabs is instantaneous. 11“ iPP 2020, iPadOS 15.0.2

Last edited:

papbot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 19, 2015
I am seeing a fast response once I’ve loaded each tab. But after a certain amount of time, I haven’t determined what that is, when I go back to the App Store they have to be reloaded again. That’s not really much of a problem and could be normal operation. The reviews screen for any app can be very problematic especially when attempting to return to the info screen for the app.

Slartibart

macrumors 68030
Aug 19, 2020
did a test running Safari with a few tabs, Appstore (all tabs loaded once), InFuse (playing video PiP), FileBrowser Pro (copying RAW files from SD-card to SSD); Usage reports:

ED5F9C1B-F29A-4459-9C0B-01F4EAE4C0C7.jpeg

seems not to induce reloading of any of the tabs in the Appstore. I will keep the Appstore open and check in a few hours.

Slartibart

macrumors 68030
Aug 19, 2020
okay, seems that this happens when you „overload“ the memory - besides the above mentioned apps kept open I just edited a short video. When I changed into the Appstore the different tabs had to be reloaded. Anyway… back to the real world! ?

papbot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 19, 2015
okay, seems that this happens when you „overload“ the memory - besides the above mentioned apps kept open I just edited a short video. When I changed into the Appstore the different tabs had to be reloaded. Anyway… back to the real world! ?
Just launched the app once I read your post. All tabs including the main page had to be reloaded with the spinner visible for a second. Only had Safari open but I’ve not found that to be relevant. My last post here was at 10:13am and it’s now 12:30pm so it only takes a couple hours if not less for everything to have to be reloaded. And that’s on a 13 Pro Max. The most visible issue is scrolling through reviews for an app and then trying to go back to the main info page of the app. These are major changes from iOS 14 or perhaps just related to the App Store app.

Slartibart

macrumors 68030
Aug 19, 2020
And back again. ? It seems time related. No additional other apps open, the Appstore reloads the different tabs after time.

EDIT: just saw your last post - if I open app reviews and then switch back to any tab, it is not reloaded.

Reactions: papbot

papbot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 19, 2015
And back again. ? It seems time related. No other apps open, the Appstore reloads the different tabs after time.
Yep, as I said. Just try going into the reviews for a while if you really want to throw your phone for a loop. This has not changed in 15.1.

khanmein

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2021
Plus, the double-clicking the side button is not working and the option is disappeared.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.