Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Adz11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 25, 2012
I recently installed 10.10.5
My 2010 iMac is not opening the App Store
Originally I had issues where safari, iPhoto, preview and the App Store wouldn’t open. I reinstalled and they all work fine now however when I click on the App Store, the blue dot opens underneath it but nothing actually appears on screen.
What could this be and how can I fix this so the App Store opens?

Many thanks.

Ebenezum

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2015
There are several things you could try:

1. Most likely problem is corrupt preference fle, close the App Store. Then open go menu in Finder and press Option. You will see Library in the menu, select it. Then you see a new window which shows the contents of the library, click on the search bar at the right corner of the window and type appstore. You should see a list of com.Apple.appstore.plist files as a result. Drag all those files to trash and log out, then log in.

2. If previous option didn't work check the System Preferences Data&Time and make sure it is correct. If its incorrect change it to correct data&time. Next open App Store.

3. Last option is to boot your Mac into Safe mode which cleans caches etc. which might conflict with the App Store. After Mac has booted try open App Store.

If these don't work another option is to install El Capitan because it fixes most of the bugs in Yosemite.

Adz11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 25, 2012
There are several things you could try:

1. Most likely problem is corrupt preference fle, close the App Store. Then open go menu in Finder and press Option. You will see Library in the menu, select it. Then you see a new window which shows the contents of the library, click on the search bar at the right corner of the window and type appstore. You should see a list of com.Apple.appstore.plist files as a result. Drag all those files to trash and log out, then log in.

2. If previous option didn't work check the System Preferences Data&Time and make sure it is correct. If its incorrect change it to correct data&time. Next open App Store.

3. Last option is to boot your Mac into Safe mode which cleans caches etc. which might conflict with the App Store. After Mac has booted try open App Store.

If these don't work another option is to install El Capitan because it fixes most of the bugs in Yosemite.
Tried all the above to no success.

Can't find the dmg of el captain anywhere.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.