Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I just tried to get an app from the App Store and noticed that I was not asked if I wanted to use Face ID even though it is toggled on. And even after I put in my account password after being prompted, I don't get asked if I would like to use Face ID the next time like I used to be asked. Anyone else running into this glitch on 17.2.1?

Last edited:

spikeymike

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2010
CA
Same issue on kids iPad but with touchid. Stopped prompting to ask for touchid and now is password. Pretty annoying.

Iwavvns

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2023
Earth
I just tried to get an app from the App Store and noticed that I was not asked if I wanted to use Face ID even though it is toggled on. And even after I put in my account password after being prompted, I don't get asked if I would like to use Face ID the next time like I used to be asked. Anyone else running into this glitch on 17.2.1?
I’m wondering if Apple is changing something related to the upcoming Stolen Device Protection features.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.