Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brosenz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 26, 2011
When I try to update an app via the App Store it will go through the update process and it will complete successfully and the app will move down to the Updated section, but then if I refresh the app store or close it and open again, the recently updated app will show up in the Available Updates section again, I've tried this with multiple apps, restarting the phone, etc, always the same, the problems is the same on my iPhone 6S Plus and the iPad Pro 12.9 both of them running the beta 1, is this a know issue? is there a workaround? I cannot update my apps, thanks

krishmk

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2010
When I try to update an app via the App Store it will go through the update process and it will complete successfully and the app will move down to the Updated section, but then if I refresh the app store or close it and open again, the recently updated app will show up in the Available Updates section again, I've tried this with multiple apps, restarting the phone, etc, always the same, the problems is the same on my iPhone 6S Plus and the iPad Pro 12.9 both of them running the beta 1, is this a know issue? is there a workaround? I cannot update my apps, thanks

I am seeing that happen a lot. But after installing 3 times, they go away.. strange...

Reactions: BigMcGuire

brosenz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 26, 2011
I am seeing that happen a lot. But after installing 3 times, they go away.. strange...
Thanks, what do you mean installing 3 times, iOS or the App? installing meaning doing the update 3 times on the app or deleting the app and installing it again 3 times? Please could you clarify, thanks a lot

Last edited:

krishmk

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2010
Thanks, what do you mean installing 3 times, iOS or the App? installing meaning doing the update 3 times on the app or deleting the app and installing it again 3 times? Please could you clarify, thanks a lot

Once you install the app, App store says it is all updated. Later when you come back to app store and look for any updates, the app is back with update needed. This cycle repeated three times and then that app wont show up in the update list... weird..

brosenz

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 26, 2011
Once you install the app, App store says it is all updated. Later when you come back to app store and look for any updates, the app is back with update needed. This cycle repeated three times and then that app wont show up in the update list... weird..
Thanks, I've tried that, and even after 10 times I still have the problem

ynn_foxman

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2015
Egypt
I have the same issue with the same applications :D However, I installed them through iTunes and it's installed but doesn't work on the iPhone :(

Bigpearl

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2013
Try this close out App Store when u come back they should all say update,start one app update then hit update all that one app should update after a minute or so .as soon as it update open it then close out and repeat

Bigpearl

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2013
It might take a few minutes before the one app starts to update
4a176901d921bea9e80eb534365264fd.jpg

maxsix

Suspended
Jun 28, 2015
Western Hemisphere
Thanks, I've tried that, and even after 10 times I still have the problem
Over ten of us at work have experienced the issue. Why Apple hasn't fixed it is baffling.

Conversely, we've enjoyed fantastic reliability and speed from the Google Play Store. The contrast reveals how poorly Apple is currently performing.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
I've had the same problem - sometimes the circle will complete ... it'll think for a second, then say it needs updating again. Usually clicking Update 2-3 times fixes the problem. Kindof annoying but doesn't happen too often.

ckisgen

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2014
This happens to me on select apps too if I try to update them via the individual update button next to the app itself. But if I click update all it usually if not always works.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.