Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KoolAid-Drink

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
USA
When I get an app update on the App Store (on iOS 9.3.1, 6s), when I tap "Update", it will start with the empty circle, then bounce back to Update. Sometimes I have to tap Update a few times then it'll finally do it. Does this happen to anyone else?

I hope this made sense.

DJLAXL

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2014
UT
When I get an app update on the App Store (on iOS 9.3.1, 6s), when I tap "Update", it will start with the empty circle, then bounce back to Update. Sometimes I have to tap Update a few times then it'll finally do it. Does this happen to anyone else?

I hope this made sense.

Same issue is happening to me. Happened on 9.3.1, still present on 9.3.2 b2, 6S+. Pretty annoying.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Been seeing this off and on over the last couple of days or so. Usually just hit update again (sometimes might need a couple of tries) and it works fine.

KoolAid-Drink

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
USA
Glad it's not just me. Initially, I thought it was something with my Wi-Fi connection, but the same thing happened on LTE.

I wonder if this is on the iOS or the App Store backend. Can anyone who still use iOS 8 confirm if this happens with them?

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
Yep. Me too. I thought it was because I switched to the US store (from the UK store) accidentally and the issues were happening because of that. Some apps update fine, some don't.

Happened on iOS 9.3.1 and happening still on iOS 9.3.2 beta 2.

randomgeeza

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2014
United Kingdom
Sometimes the cirlce even remains empty. I have to tap couple of times to actually start the download.

Same same on all of the above. Re-trying often gets it going. However, I noticed that iTunes App Store has also been slow at times and needed a re-try or four, over the last few days too. So, it might be back end related.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.