Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

outside2344

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 4, 2008
I'm a developer and I'm totally pissed that the App Store is now sorted by release date as I was one of the first to develop for the iPhone, had my app ready for launch, and now it sits at the bottom of the list. So much for taking care of the folks who drove the revolution!

I understand that they can't sort with each update but how about something reasonable, like popularity?

Jesus, Apple, c'mon.

UKmacman

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2007
I am not a developer so I am talking from a consumers POV but the current solution does not suit anyone best.

If you sort by popularity then it makes it very difficult for new apps to get a good high rating which also seems unfair. Just because you were first to develop an app does not mean you have a natural right to be top of the list.

I would like to be able to sort by choice i.e. free, highest rating, date etc. When you look at the games list there are over 1700, after a few swipes downwards this gets very boring.

I agree apple need to sort this out otherwise there will be an app store with thousands of apps and no way to find anything.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.