Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
It is strange that there have been no price changes, since developers have control over that and surely not all of them are on holiday.

jt999

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 11, 2007
I do not remember the AppStore being closed for other holidays; e.g. Labor Day.

Also, Sunday was not a holiday.

Jeff

odelay

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2007
Maybe somethings afoot. Perhaps in relation to tomorrow's media event. I know it's a macbook focused event, but perhaps, just one more thing?

...the iPhone now works flawlessly, MobileMe now works flawlessly, happy hour at the AppStore, all apps a free for 24 hours, the apps are on Apple!

...then again, perhaps not. :rolleyes:

EvanLugh

macrumors 68000
Aug 29, 2007
Developer land
Maybe somethings afoot. Perhaps in relation to tomorrow's media event. I know it's a macbook focused event, but perhaps, just one more thing?

...the iPhone now works flawlessly, MobileMe now works flawlessly, happy hour at the AppStore, all apps a free for 24 hours, the apps are on Apple!

...then again, perhaps not. :rolleyes:

happy hour doesn't quite register with me for being "free for 24 hours" :p:p

vandy1997

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2007
Yeah, it would be more like 1/2 Price Apps from 6 pm to 10 pm. Maybe you get a free drink with every 2 apps purchased. This would be in the form of a gift card that could be used to purchase alcohol (or soda for minors).

odelay

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

vandy1997 said:
Yeah, it would be more like 1/2 Price Apps from 6 pm to 10 pm. Maybe you get a free drink with every 2 apps purchased. This would be in the form of a gift card that could be used to purchase alcohol (or soda for minors).

or maybe APPy hour :)

Get a free app with every app purchased.

Small print: only applies to apps that are priced @ $0.00 or less. ;-)

Vintage Season

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2008

Wouldn't it be more cost effective for them to give away iBeer? :p

- M.

canadacow

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2008
A few observations from my neck of the woods:

1) I've never seen apps posted for update on a Saturday evening (normally it's just Sunday-Friday) but Carve3D's update was approved and posted Saturday.

2) Per my notes on my "sale", the free offer for Carve3D was supposed to end today. As such, I changed it back to it's respective tier in pricing and nothing has changed. I also removed the verbiage regarding the sale and nearly a day later, nothing has taken effect. Does Cupertino get Columbus Day off?

3) Grab Carve3D while's it's still free! I have another update awaiting release that fixes the stability issues once and for all. Hopefully it'll be out before Halloween!

Pring

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2003
Hrm, something seems broken with the store...

Canadacow, I can't download Carve3D as it's "being modified". Meaning that they acknowledge your status change but it's not propogated through the system yet. In my experience that takes 1hr+. How long ago did you change it?

canadacow

macrumors member
Jul 24, 2008
Hrm, something seems broken with the store...

Canadacow, I can't download Carve3D as it's "being modified". Meaning that they acknowledge your status change but it's not propogated through the system yet. In my experience that takes 1hr+. How long ago did you change it?

It would be about 16 hours ago. I updated images and text in the application description and so far nothing is showing up.

GSA190

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2008
I went to purchase an app and it said that the app was being "Modified". I'm not to sure if that has anything to do with the app store taking a holiday.

vandy1997

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2007
Yes - the AppStore is on vacation. I saw it get on a plane to Miami, and it told me that it would be back tomorrow after the Apple event. It should have a nice tan once it returns.

Seriously, though. I'm almost sure that today is not a holiday for Apple. So maybe they are probably making changes to the AppStore. Who knows at this point! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.