Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Philippio

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2011
I'm a developer from Sweden and I can't seem to understand what I have to do with the money I've got from Apple. I'm an individual developer and sell apps to all countries besides Japan. When I get money from Apple, what do I have to do with them? I've filled out the US tax form (required for selling apps). Do I have to fill in other tax forms?

So I guess that my question is: Is this payment from Apple taxed with whatever taxes I need to sell in other countries and now I only need to pay my Swedish tax?

And yes, I've tried to find out the answer.

Thanks

PhoneyDeveloper

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2008
I'm in the US and I'm not a tax professional. Apple doesn't withhold any taxes. They also don't send any tax forms or other info. When It's time for you pay your taxes you need to figure out your earnings yourself.

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2011
I'm in the US and I'm not a tax professional. Apple doesn't withhold any taxes. They also don't send any tax forms or other info. When It's time for you pay your taxes you need to figure out your earnings yourself.

Are you saying they don't send you anything at the end of the year? How do you figure out what to file/claim/whatever then? I recall having to fill out something for taxes when I was signing up as a developer...

PhoneyDeveloper

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2008
They don't send you anything at the end of the year.

You get payments every month. That's what you have to go on.

jnoxx

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2010
Aartselaar // Antwerp // Belgium
How it works in Belgium is, you just put on how much u earned total with the apple sales, then the government will figure out how much taxes still needs to be payed based upon them.
tadaa :)

Philippio

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2011
How it works in Belgium is, you just put on how much u earned total with the apple sales, then the government will figure out how much taxes still needs to be payed based upon them.
tadaa :)

I like that!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.