Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BaggieBoy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 29, 2012
UK
I've had this issue through most of the 10.13 betas, it's quite strange.

If I start the "App Store" app it starts normally, the the "Featured" screen showing. However if I select any of the other icons at the top of the screen ("Top Charts", "Categories", "Purchases" & "Updates") nothing happens, it just stays on the "Featured" screen.

The only way I can install updates is to start Terminal and enter "softwareupdate -ia --verbose", and that works normally.

I haven't seen anyone else having this problem, so I assume its not a common issue. Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Chazzle

macrumors 68020
Jul 17, 2015
I've had this issue through most of the 10.13 betas, it's quite strange.

If I start the "App Store" app it starts normally, the the "Featured" screen showing. However if I select any of the other icons at the top of the screen ("Top Charts", "Categories", "Purchases" & "Updates") nothing happens, it just stays on the "Featured" screen.

The only way I can install updates is to start Terminal and enter "softwareupdate -ia --verbose", and that works normally.

I haven't seen anyone else having this problem, so I assume its not a common issue. Any ideas would be gratefully received.
Sounds like you may need to clear your App Store cache.

BaggieBoy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 29, 2012
UK
Well I did absolutely nothing and now it suddenly started working normally again, first time for a couple of months.

BaggieBoy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 29, 2012
UK
Well after working for a day or so, it's gone back to not working again. Clearing the App Store cache didn't help.

Chazzle

macrumors 68020
Jul 17, 2015
Well after working for a day or so, it's gone back to not working again. Clearing the App Store cache didn't help.
Shoot! I wonder why it was working for awhile. I do know over on the iOS 11 Beta forum that some folks were not able to connect to the App Store. The fix was to be sure that the date and time were correct. I would give that a shot on your machine to see if that helps.

BaggieBoy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 29, 2012
UK
I can work around the problem by selecting App Store Preferences and then pressing the "Check Now" button. That brings up the "Update Page", then selecting "Reload Page" causes it to search for new updates.

KUKitch

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2008
England
I have had issues with my store not showing the updates even when I know they’ve been released, and then randomly they’ll show up a couple days later and want to install... I just figured it was a beta issue in the end

J@ffa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2002
Behind you!
Tried different DNS servers? The app store has always been pretty sensitive to that sort of thing. Google's DNS servers are 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, assuming of course you're not already using them!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.