Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 8, 2009
Is there an app that announces the song when it changes? Been searching for weeks and can't seem to find one although I know there was one, similar to what the iPod Nano does. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 8, 2009
Musicbanners creates a notification in the NC screen.

Thanks, I'll check it out. Looking for something that announces the track, I use bluetooth stereo earbuds while running and thought a voice announcement of the track that comes on would be a huge benefit. I'll definitely try the NC tweak in the meantime. Thanks again! :)

UPDATE: Finally found this out of a random search, "MediaSpeak":

When that new track is triggered, the tweak uses that lovely male computer voice we all know and love to announce the currently playing track, taking the format of ‘Now Playing: song_title by artist_name’. At first glance, I didn’t think that MediaSpeak would be something that I would require on my device, but after thinking about it for a while, I have often found myself in the situation when a new song starts playing on my iPhone at the gym and I have to listen to it for a while before workout to see which one it is and whether I want to skip it or not. With the help of MediaSpeak; I can immediately hit the next track button if required, so in that sense it is actually a very handy installation that seems to have been born out of a developer encountered problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ayemerica

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Atlantis but in space
Thanks, I'll check it out. Looking for something that announces the track, I use bluetooth stereo earbuds while running and thought a voice announcement of the track that comes on would be a huge benefit. I'll definitely try the NC tweak in the meantime. Thanks again! :)

UPDATE: Finally found this out of a random search, "MediaSpeak":

Oh good find. I'll be using this as well.

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 8, 2009
Oh good find. I'll be using this as well.

I installed it, it's free (donations are nice of course :) ). I haven't tried it yet. I'll report back.

- Just tried it, uses Siri's voice, great tweak! Exactly what I was looking for (only issue is Siri's mispronunciation of some artists but I'll live). :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.