Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cc00lltt00nn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 23, 2012
Buford, GA
I'm still waiting for my Apple Pencil to show up. In the meantime I'm considering the possibilities for my everyday use. I use my iPP at work when I'm out and about for several things (VMware Horizon to run desktop programs, as a second monitor when I'm in meetings, and to take notes.)

I haven't tried the Pencil yet, but I've heard it might be an interesting experience trying to take notes (very "slippery"). Given that my penmanship is less than stellar, I was wondering if there is a note-taking app that can convert my handwritten Apple Pencil notes to digital text?

Thanks!

malandra

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2003
Notes Plus and Goodnotes both do this. While the former seems to have better recognition, the latter has a better user interface, so that's the once I find myself using. YMMV...

rhyzome

macrumors 6502
Apr 2, 2012
Apple should build handwriting recognition of documents/images systemwide and as an input source systemwide already...the technology is really there...

Reactions: rasputin1969
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.