Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

derpmcturd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2015
So anyone know of any mobile apps that can alert me when Apple.com has something in stock at a retail location?
Even an "in-browser" addon, if available, would suffice.
I know of an App that gives me alerts for BestBuy.com inventory but I have yet to come across one for Apple.com.
I'm actually not even sure if it's possible so I thought I'd just ask to see.
It's difficult to keep going to Apple's website every 10 minutes all day every day just to refresh the page to see if the Pencil or Keyboard are available for pickup at a location near me.
Thanks!

surferfb

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2007
Washington DC
Off topic, but Best Buy has the Pencil in stock right now. Check AT&T for the keyboard, it said shipping next week when I ordered it this AM but will be here tomorrow according to the email I just received.

derpmcturd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2015
BestBuy had it at the time of your post? Interesting. I have an app that alerts me when the Pencil comes instock but i didn't get any notification so far, strange. Thanks for the heads-up though.

Paulshaqz

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2009
i checked an hour to late i wish i can just find one instead of the damn eBay scalpers!

derpmcturd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2015
i checked an hour to late i wish i can just find one instead of the damn eBay scalpers!
Yeah it's only a LITTLE better on Amazon.
I saw them start at like $144 new on Amazon.
Not TERRIBLE BAD but eh, I can wait.
Although I certainly understand why someone would pay that seeing as how it's nearly IMPOSSIBLE to find one right now.

Paulshaqz

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2009
Yeah it's only a LITTLE better on Amazon.
I saw them start at like $144 new on Amazon.
Not TERRIBLE BAD but eh, I can wait.
Although I certainly understand why someone would pay that seeing as how it's nearly IMPOSSIBLE to find one right now.
agreed to some they might not care about the extra $40-$50 bucks i just can't see myself give that for the pen.

surferfb

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2007
Washington DC
BestBuy had it at the time of your post? Interesting. I have an app that alerts me when the Pencil comes instock but i didn't get any notification so far, strange. Thanks for the heads-up though.

They did. I noticed around 12:45 ordered one ASAP then posted on here. I went back around 1:15 and it was there (but shipping times had pushed back a week) by 1:35 or so it was out of stock.

derpmcturd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2015
They did. I noticed around 12:45 ordered one ASAP then posted on here. I went back around 1:15 and it was there (but shipping times had pushed back a week) by 1:35 or so it was out of stock.
Wow, but how did you know when it was available?
Were you just refreshing the product page every 5 minutes?
Or do you have some sort of alert app?
My alert app didn't go off so i'm kinda bummed about that because it's usually very reliable.

surferfb

macrumors 6502
Nov 7, 2007
Washington DC
Wow, but how did you know when it was available?
Were you just refreshing the product page every 5 minutes?
Or do you have some sort of alert app?
My alert app didn't go off so i'm kinda bummed about that because it's usually very reliable.

Just happened to check - had Best Buy, target and Apple websites up and was checking once an hour or so. I think I just refreshed at the right time - at first when I refreshed it said out of stock, but the text on the site said that it would deliver by 1/5 to my zip code - I was worried I had missed it being available. I refreshed again and then I could add to cart and delivers by 12/30. Wish I could give you a better answer - no idea why your alert app didn't go off, I didn't have one set up.

derpmcturd

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2015
Just happened to check - had Best Buy, target and Apple websites up and was checking once an hour or so. I think I just refreshed at the right time - at first when I refreshed it said out of stock, but the text on the site said that it would deliver by 1/5 to my zip code - I was worried I had missed it being available. I refreshed again and then I could add to cart and delivers by 12/30. Wish I could give you a better answer - no idea why your alert app didn't go off, I didn't have one set up.
Wow you're so lucky! Well enjoy it and I'll keep trying! Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.