Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
I use the app Geotag Photos for recording my GPS data and use Lightroom to sync that GPS data to my DSLR/Mirrorless camera photos on my iMac.

To have a similar workflow for using only my iPad Air 2...

What I would like is to be able to transfer select photos from my DSLR/mirrorless cameras to my iPad and then use an app to search for a location and then apply those geotags to the photos. If I have to import the photos into an app, apply a geotag, then export that's fine.

I have no problem finding apps to record my data as I take pictures then apply them later while on the desktop, but I'd like an app to do this while on my iPad.

Is there anything?

kylekai

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2009
Do you mean Photo GeoTag instead of Geotag Photos for the Mac? I developed Photo GeoTag, and I was considering porting it to the iPad. However, there appear to already be a lot of geotagging apps for the iPad: Geotag iPad apps. Have you looked at any of them?

Last edited:

Razeus

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
I found an app called GeoTagr that does what I need. Expensive, especially since they haven't bothered to give up an iPhone 6/6+ resolution update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.