Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rendez2k

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 17, 2008
Is there an app which makes the quality of the pictures taken better? Picoli looks like a possible good choice and I've just found Photogene although this looks like an "edit after" type app rather than making the actual camera functions better?

iblastoff

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2008
no apps in the app store makes the quality of taking pictures better. all of them are just 'edit after' apps.

your best bet would be snapture, which is only for jailbroken iphones.

DipDog3

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2002
I doubt you will ever see a camera app because it would duplicate the camera already install on the iPhone which would get rejected by Apple.

cyclingplatypus

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2007
Earth
My vote goes to Picoli, worth the app price!

Ezimba is a free editor that offers a lot of options, I use this occasionally but Picoli is the one I go to 98% of the time.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
There was some kind of camera pro tools or something that was a Jailbreak app in the day, wasn't there? That gave you some minor enhancements on the camera's functionality (color balancing, delay snaps, exposure times, I think, and some other things). What ever happened to that app? Does it still exist?

razorianfly

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom
I second Picoli and Ezimba. More so Picoli than the latter.
Picoli offers simple effects with a great UI, and Ezimba offers quite advanced filters and effects with a UI that needs improvement.

Both are worthy of their price, in my opinion.
Whatever you do, avoid 'Jade' [App Store] at all costs.

R-Fly

Rojo

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2006
Barcelona
Anyone have Picoli AND Photogene?
I bought Picoli before Photogene was available, but it looks like Photogene might do the same stuff but even more. I'm debating whether or not to pay $5 again just to get the extra features in Photogene, but won't bother if it's really not that much better. Also, anyone know if Picoli will be adding any more features soon?

nutsnbolts

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2008
Anyone have Picoli AND Photogene?
I bought Picoli before Photogene was available, but it looks like Photogene might do the same stuff but even more. I'm debating whether or not to pay $5 again just to get the extra features in Photogene, but won't bother if it's really not that much better. Also, anyone know if Picoli will be adding any more features soon?

I have both and both have their perks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.