Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GerritV

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 11, 2012
On the lookout for an app to take meeting minutes, I've been looking at Meetings (slide to rock) and Minute Taker (madefm).
If anyone knows these, I'd love to read your comments - or suggestions for other solutions.
TIA

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Not the prettiest app, but it works for me. I use "Notebooks". It has an iPhone, iPad, and Mac App. The folder resides in my Dropbox folder so I have access to the files from any device. The ability to use any of my devices to either read, update, or print from was huge. There are other alternatives out there, but I could not find one that has it set for all platforms.

It works for me and it what I use to take all my meeting notes/minutes. It also has a todo feature that I use for action items for either myself or others in the meeting.

I use Evernote also, but that is more for my personal stuff and I don't want to mix work and personal. But Evernote is another great product that is platform independent.

If I am in a meeting that requires brainstorming or the like, I use curio pretty much exclusively for that and save the files in Dropbox and link to them.

Last edited:

GerritV

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 11, 2012
Using Notebooks myself, all the time, combined with GoodNotes.
These two apps can exchange pdf directly, it's working really great. But...

Apps like Meetings, Minute Taker and perhaps others, allow you to set up a meeting agenda, send it to the attendees, add comments during the meeting and again send the minutes to the attendees.
Maybe you've found ways to build a workflow like the above in Notebooks? It is, after all, a powerfull app. However, I found myself hassling too much after the meeting to get a working document for all the people involved.

Anyway, I ended up purchasing both Meetings and MinuteTaker. So far, my preference goes out to MinuteTaker - just a first impression though. I obviously need more time "in the field" before making a solid choice.

BTW Thanks for pointing me out to Curio, a complete unknown to me until today.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Using Notebooks myself, all the time, combined with GoodNotes.
These two apps can exchange pdf directly, it's working really great. But...

Apps like Meetings, Minute Taker and perhaps others, allow you to set up a meeting agenda, send it to the attendees, add comments during the meeting and again send the minutes to the attendees.
Maybe you've found ways to build a workflow like the above in Notebooks? It is, after all, a powerfull app. However, I found myself hassling too much after the meeting to get a working document for all the people involved.

Anyway, I ended up purchasing both Meetings and MinuteTaker. So far, my preference goes out to MinuteTaker - just a first impression though. I obviously need more time "in the field" before making a solid choice.

BTW Thanks for pointing me out to Curio, a complete unknown to me until today.

The bolded part above is interesting.

I am sure you can create something in Notebooks, but I don't know if it would look the same. I have not.

Curio is one of my favorite applications. I take a ton of notes and since I like to visually see what we are talking about (data flow, brain storms, documents) it works for me.

I would like to see a computer app for minutetaker...... I take notes on all my devices, one of the reasons I went with Notebooks.

I wonder if there are any templates for Notebooks out there! Off to google!

Last edited:

GerritV

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 11, 2012
Well, MinuteTaker allows me to do all of that and more - like attaching files that can be embedded in the final pdf report.
My team members like the report's table layout, because it's very easy to read, understand and check when done.

I couldn't resist trying to work with Daily Notes as well, simply because I love this app. Unfortunately, it comes short in some of the typical meeting needs.

Tijnnnnn

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2015
Another suggestion is MinuteApp, or also known as getminute.

It supports collaborative notetaking, setting up agenda, taskmanagement and uploading documents from email or other productivity tools to the app. After the meeting you can export a PDF summary of the meeting.

Has got a nice UI / UX as well.

GerritV

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 11, 2012
Another suggestion is MinuteApp, or also known as getminute.

It supports collaborative notetaking, setting up agenda, taskmanagement and uploading documents from email or other productivity tools to the app. After the meeting you can export a PDF summary of the meeting.

Has got a nice UI / UX as well.

Thanks for the suggestion. I did try their free/anonymous version.
The concept isn't exactly what I'm after: being the only one with an iPad, and we prefer a face to face meeting. Also, I can't say I like the subscription system.

In the meantime, MinuteTaker still does the job very well.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
I use often iThougt HD for my own minutes, I like the mind mapping style and easy to link and reference topics. Expanding/collapse parts of the tree is supporting me to focus on one part while easy see areas quickly when needed.
I also used it for training documentation; worked equally well for me.

Cassady

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2012
Sqornshellous
Notability - primarily due to it syncing the audio to the typing/writing, is very useful when you need to take detailed notes.

GerritV

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 11, 2012
Notability - primarily due to it syncing the audio to the typing/writing, is very useful when you need to take detailed notes.

You may want to take a look to the apps I mentioned in the first post.
There's a massive difference between "notes" and "meeting minutes".
IMHO Notability doesn't qualify here, not by far.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.