Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spin360

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 23, 2009
Are there any apps out there that allow purchasing and downloading movies to watch while offline? I travel frequently for work and would love the option to watch a few movies on my iPad.

TJ61

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2011
Are there any apps out there that allow purchasing and downloading movies to watch while offline? I travel frequently for work and would love the option to watch a few movies on my iPad.

The iTunes store?

Zeeniyapaul

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2015
Download and install Handbrake. Handbrake is a free, open-source video encoding program that will allow you to rip your DVD discs onto your computer and then convert them into an iPad compatible format (with a few tweaks).

iRaynor SK

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2014
Banská Bystrica, Slovak Republic
Yea, HandBrake is good. If you don't like to convert movies to iPad-format, download AVPlayerHD from iOS AppStore. It can even streaming. You can add movie even from another app in your iPad ("Open with..."), so no computer needed. If you want add movie from computer, you can use File-Sharing in iTunes or by 3rd party apps, like iMazing. AVPlayerHD suppports subtitles too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.