Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
iOS 13 for app updates, is a little hidden now, rather than being in a tab you have to go into your ID, out long press on the icon to get them.

However even though I have auto updates on, I’m connected to WiFi, they never seem to update. Also now don’t get app icon showing if any updates needed. I’ve just checked and had 37 to do.

So is this a bug? Anyone else have this? Why don’t they auto update when connected to WiFi?

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
I have the same issue. I have auto updates on but usually don't leave my phone on a charger overnight because I charge so much during the day. When I'm charging at home where there's WiFi the auto updates rarely seem to happen. That was the case with iOS 12 also.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Yes happened in iOS 12 for me to. So is it supposed to auto update when locked, charging and connected to WiFi? If so then never happened for me.

I wake up, after iPhone been on charger all night, connected to WiFi and check for updates and normally there is some.

I’ve just been caught out on iOS 13 as well. When you long press on App Store icon, you then have to pull down to get a refresh to see if any. I had loads to do this morning

MisterSavage

macrumors 601
Nov 10, 2018
Yes happened in iOS 12 for me to. So is it supposed to auto update when locked, charging and connected to WiFi? If so then never happened for me.

I think so. I was going to say maybe my problem it happens at a fixed time like 2am when I'm not usually charging, but you said you left it charging all night without seeing them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.