Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexshallenberg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
The error message of not having enough local storage to download an app appears when I attempt to download an app even though the app is 1.3 GB and there are 2.4GB free on my iphone. Why is this happeing?

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
The error message of not having enough local storage to download an app appears when I attempt to download an app even though the app is 1.3 GB and there are 2.4GB free on my iphone. Why is this happeing?
Not enough space.

You need 1.3 GB for the download package.
You need an extra 1.5-2.0 GB for it to extraction.
So at this stage you need 3-3.5 GB local storage free.
After installation, the 1.3GB download package will be wiped, leaving you with the 1.5-2.0GB app.

In summary, the error message is correct because you don't have enough local storage.

adamlee

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2012
Very frustrating. I had a similar issue. Just got to delete some of your older apps and try again once you have enough space.

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
do games install larger then the app store say they are?

I saw a review of a game that claimed it was 2.5gb after install after apple says in the app store its only 700mb

Keijo

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2012
The app size will be as the App Store info tells you. But to download it, you need at least double the space or you can use your computer to download it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.