Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Neonguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 10, 2006
Hmm...is there Apple Cinema Display without any stuck pixels? Some people are confused with dead pixels and stuck pixels so they claiming they have a flawless display? Dead pixel are black on white background, while stuck pixels are on black background can be in the colors of blue, red, green.

Well every single one I bought from Apple online store have stuck pixels...I exchange it and seam to be seeing similar pattern of this display.

1st one - 12 stucks pixels. All of them are bright light blue

2nd one - 5 stucks pixels. One really red one.

3rd one - 8 stucks pixels. One blue one in the middle of the screen.

Cause me a lot headache and lost time of a month so I decided just to return the 3rd one for a refund.

I like to mention all of them have backlighting problem, but the 3rd one is severe because the foam inside was crush and box was beat up. I was wondering if it's the carrier fault the way they ship it. Abusing the package and toss them around too much that I have this problem? I wouldn't think so though, since some box come fine and I still have it. Is there such thing as no stuck pixels? Is a good display even with little as 3 to 4 same color stuck pixel such as light blue too much to ask? I'm not asking for perfect one here. You think I have better luck at the local apple store? I hate going there though, because of the bad service I had lately. Am I getting bad luck or is most of the 23 Apple display is like this?

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
Sorry to hear that. I was at the Apple Store San Francisco and all of their ACD's had several stuck pixels.

orangezorki

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2006
Stuck pixels are often an annoying fact of life, but I can't blame you for thinking that they are unacceptable - I'm of the same opinion. I think your best bet is to go for a company that tries harder to ship defect free panels in their own products. I'd recommend both Samsung and EIZO - I've had one of both, and both shipped with no pixel defects. Unfortunately, both developed one dead subpixel after a few days of use, but they are far less annoying than stuck pixels, and at least it's one, not 8+ which is, to be honest, pathetic.

David.

stoid

macrumors 601
I bought a 23 inch this summer, and it has no stuck or dead pixels. Other than a little backlight unevenness (only slightly visible only when the whole display is 'black') it's a flawless device and a good investment overall.

Neonguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 10, 2006
I bought a 23 inch this summer, and it has no stuck or dead pixels. Other than a little backlight unevenness (only slightly visible only when the whole display is 'black') it's a flawless device and a good investment overall.

When was this purchase and did you purchase from online Apple store or a local Apple store? Right now I don't know what to do anymore. I was going to get the Samsung, but I heard about the input lag and I really like the look of the Apple just that I keep getting too many stuck pixel is putting me off because I use it to watch a lot of movies.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.