Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnbro23

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 12, 2004
Pittsburgh, PA
In the world's largest student run philantropy, Penn State's Dance Marathon ("THON" for short), Apple donated a ton of Macs. I just got back from visiting a portion of the 48 hour event, and noticed about 100 white MacBooks used by student volunteers. They also had a couple 20" iMacs here and there to show photos of the event to visitors. I also noticed that iDVD themes were used for a lot of the videos. I don't really know the facts - I'm just assuming that Apple donated, since there's a humble Apple sign with just the Apple logo inside the Bryce Jordan Center (where THON is being held this year).

I just thought it was a cool thing to note that Apple is taking part in this great philanthropy effort. For those of you who are unfamiliar with THON, Penn State raises money for kids with cancer. Last year, we donated over $4 million. Thanks to any of you MacRumors members who might have donated to any of the Penn State students "canning" (collecting money at intersections in and around PA)!

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
good, hope more and more ppl will participate these events and donate.

BigPrince

macrumors 68020
Dec 27, 2006
I did in Marshall's Creek by the Fire Department and in Wilson by the Regal Cinemas. You guys were there in the freaking cold too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.