Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Windowlicker

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 17, 2003
Finland
I'm trying to collect as many of the apple ads as possible. I've got the most of the 83-2000 ads, but there's something i'm still missing.

one of them is the Switch campaign. I've got the japanese one, but not the american ads. if someone has them or knows where to get please let me know.

also if someone remembers the ad (dunno if it's actually made by/for apple) where's this anime girl running on this alley and there's all these dragons etc on her way and she has to get through (and so she does). I saw it once years back and would like to have it once again.

What i'm really looking for is 480x320 (or higher res) clips because i'm gonna make a DVD that has a piece of apples history. that is, i'll acquire as many hi res ads as possible and put them on a nice package for future viewing :)

thanks in advance!

Windowlicker

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 17, 2003
Finland
MacFan25 said:
This site has quite a few ads, including the switch ads.

thanks! this was pretty much what i was looking for! :) i now have around 200 apple ads :D

the only thing the site was actually missing was that anime ad i tried to describe so i'm still waiting for that one.

Squire

macrumors 68000
Jan 8, 2003
Canada
Have any of you seen the ad that contrasts the back of a PC with the back of an iMac? It shows the PC with hundreds of wires going every which way and traffic noises in the background, then shows the back of an iMac with its two cables. The traffic noises are replaced with the sound of birds chirping.

I saw that ad several times in movie theaters. It had such an effect that, eventually, I ended up switching. (There were, of course, other reasons.)

Squire

P.S. If anyone has a link to that one, please post it. Thanks.

Windowlicker

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 17, 2003
Finland
Squire said:
Have any of you seen the ad that contrasts the back of a PC with the back of an iMac? It shows the PC with hundreds of wires going every which way and traffic noises in the background, then shows the back of an iMac with its two cables. The traffic noises are replaced with the sound of birds chirping.

I saw that ad several times in movie theaters. It had such an effect that, eventually, I ended up switching. (There were, of course, other reasons.)

Squire

P.S. If anyone has a link to that one, please post it. Thanks.

the name of that ad is "Traffic". I've got it.. gonna make a search on the net (because that's where i got it) when I have time and post url here..

I have been grabbing stuff from magazines and newspapers, if it has an Apple ad I grab it. I got a lot of stuff from the New Yorker including several Cube ads, up to current iMac and the iPod mini. I also have a large collection of Apple pamphlets that give machine specs, I have ones as far back as the Cube and the colored iBooks:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.