Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mistletoe66

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 25, 2023
So as you know I returned my phone (actually m I sold it off ) because I had difficulty returning my iPhone 15 pro max because I bought from an authorised reseller.

I had a call with apple support and the senior advisor (let’s call him Guy A), told me that I could return and get full refund at APPLE’s Authorised Distributors . I confirmed with him multiple times despite the authorised distributor’s policy are absolutely no refunds for apple product. (Anyway I have voice recordings of the phone call as evidence)

Then when I went to the reseller store for the refund , the store manager refused. And then, I called apple support , a manager picked up my call ( let’s call her Lady A) , I told her that based on my previous advisor, I am here for a refund and I am calling to seek her authorisation for the next step. she initially told me yes, a 14 days applies for the refund, but when I hand over the phone via loud speaker to the reseller’s store manager, she painted a totally different narrative where she mentioned specifically that I rejected a phone diagnosis, and the responsibility for refund is given to reselller and fully respects the reseller’s refund policy (aka no refund )
What a TWO FACED organisation! (I then told her the previous advisor mentioned the totally different outcomes , WHAT IS APPLE DOING ?? )

Anyway, I also have her voice recording.

Now with these voice recordings that I obtained from apple’s official privacy department , what are some of the next action that I can do ?

Thanks all, it is disturbing that afterspending so much money for a pro max and a iPhone 12 is more efficient that that

• Haha
Reactions: BugeyeSTI

GMShadow

macrumors 68000
Jun 8, 2021
Sounds to me like you didn't give a full picture to Apple, were hoping to pull a fast one, and then once the Apple rep realized you'd withheld details, confirmed that the reseller was correct.

Reactions: BugeyeSTI

Mistletoe66

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 25, 2023
Sounds to me like you didn't give a full picture to Apple, were hoping to pull a fast one, and then once the Apple rep realized you'd withheld details, confirmed that the reseller was correct.
I simply told the apple senior advisor that my brand new 15 pro max has battery drain issue.

They offered to do a diagnosis (which we know is bullcrap)

Then I asked if apple’s authorised reseller does refund , apple advisor confirms yes, within 14 days multiple time.

Next day when I was in store for refund , store manager requested to speak to apple advisor. New apple lady advisor answered the call and said totally different things from previous advisor ( I think it is because she knows that the refund would negatively affect her KPI performance )
I then told her about the previous advisor’s words and that I have recordings to prove. She didn’t believe me. Now I have the recordings.

*these recordings are apple support’s recorded phone call which was given to me as I have request from apple for these recordings.

GMShadow

macrumors 68000
Jun 8, 2021
I simply told the apple senior advisor that my brand new 15 pro max has battery drain issue.

They offered to do a diagnosis (which we know is bullcrap)

Then I asked if apple’s authorised reseller does refund , apple advisor confirms yes, within 14 days multiple time.

Next day when I was in store for refund , store manager requested to speak to apple advisor. New apple lady advisor answered the call and said totally different things from previous advisor ( I think it is because she knows that the refund would negatively affect her KPI performance )
I then told her about the previous advisor’s words and that I have recordings to prove. She didn’t believe me. Now I have the recordings.

*these recordings are apple support’s recorded phone call which was given to me as I have request from apple for these recordings.

We don't know that. I see my original post was correct, and the Apple rep was correct with what she did.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.