Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nevaborn

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2013
Good move by Apple all round going with IBM and not HP.

HP will need to be insane though to not want to buy into the combined Apple+IBM enterprise function though which I think will decimate the competition when up and running. If they choose to go to Google they will regret it. Google is still a glorified search engine that makes money of your information and HP should not trust them with important company figures.

CarpalMac

macrumors 68000
Nov 19, 2012
UK

PBG4 Dude

macrumors 601
Jul 6, 2007
I'd love to see Apple try to integrate anything with IBM Cognos. I can just see Jony Ive pulling his nonexistent hair out in frustration.

"Damn you Cognos!"

Ugh, Cognos. There are times I'd rather use my abacus.

MeFromHere

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2012
Good move by Apple all round going with IBM and not HP.

HP will need to be insane though to not want to buy into the combined Apple+IBM enterprise function though which I think will decimate the competition when up and running. If they choose to go to Google they will regret it. Google is still a glorified search engine that makes money of your information and HP should not trust them with important company figures.

I can't think of a company on Earth that's less deserving of a partnership with Apple than HP is. HP is just too skittish, too unreliable, for any sort of strategic partnership.

If HP has anything Apple needs (which I doubt) Apple can just wait a few years. The husk of HP will probably be for sale, at a price close to what Apple spends on signage at the annual WWDC.

Correction: HP does still have a lot of good employees. HP probably has #1 market share in one product -- former employees. Apple will probably keep buying those.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.