Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fireproof!

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 1, 2008
Frisco, TX
I got Apple TV updated to tvOS13, got Apple Arcade working, played a few games. All good.

Then I updated the kids’ phones to 13.1, added them to Apple Home App, got the alert asking “do you want to be added to all Apple TV’s” and I said yes. Then verified I could switch between profiles on the Apple TV.

however, when on one of the kids profiles on Apple TV, none of the Apple Arcade games will open. Older games will. TV channels and other apps will. Not the Arcade Games. (And yes, I verified in their iPhones that it shows they have an active subscription that I purchased.)

Edit: After clicking around a bunch, I finally got a game to open, but it’s just stuck at this screen...won’t play:
0DF2A34D-A288-49D2-9711-DE2F04A184EA.jpeg

Any ideas?

paulmeyers42

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2014
I had to open up Apple Arcade on my daughter’s iPad and install the game I wanted to play on her iPad, and run it, before I could get past that screen.

However, I then discovered that multiple user support only switches TV and Music libraries, not your GameCenter or iCloud account. Meaning, you have to manually log out and log in your kid’s account for It to actually switch.

Not at all what I expected, actually kinda disappointing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.