Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rekras

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2001
NJ
I'd like to see Apple make their own chips instead of Motorola. I think they could push their priorities more quickly and efficiently than Motorola can.

spikey

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2001
Agreed rekras.
Motorola has got apple in some big sh*t over the past few years.
I wouldnt mind seeing IBM being involved either.

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
There has been alot of rumors

There has been alot of rumors of a all out Apple take over. I would like to see that too. I think that would really push the enelope for CPU development. Apple has that huge war chest... they should tap it and buy out a chuck of Moterola.

ThlayliTheFierce

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
I read an article on The Register about how Motorolla's chip sector is in bad shape, and they are not very interested in desktop processors anymore. That said, I'd LOVE to see Apple buy that. They've got the people for it as well-Apple has had a lot to do with the design of the chips. I just wonder if it would be good in the long run. Maybe there are advantages in outsourcing that make up for the delays.

rekras

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2001
NJ
fast

The only problem is Motoral just developed that chip due for like 2003 or whatever that is like 35X the current G4s. Those are gonna be sweeet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.