Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gren_patterson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2017
I was thinking to replace my iPhone6 (battery life)
But then I thought 'why not a battery case and wait for the 8'

My question,
While charging the battery heats up.
Will it also be in a apple battery case, plus in this case it charging all the time...

So, what about the heat??

Last edited:

Lennyvalentin

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2011
While charging the battery heats up.
Will it also be in a apple battery case, plus in this case it charging all the time...
When your phone is in a battery case, you're not charging your phone battery any faster than you're using it. So no, it would not cause any significant heating.

Actually, I suspect it's more like draining the battery case's battery first, rather than charging your phone's battery, but I haven't tested this as I find current incarnation of battery cases overly large and clumsy.

If only Apple had put their "smart" connector on iPhones, then a battery case could connect to it, instead of having to daisy-chain onto the lightning jack, causing the length of an already rather large phone explode further... :p

Reactions: gren_patterson

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
I have a battery case on my 6s, there is no significant heat, the case just charges the phone all the time.

Be aware that if you get a case instead of a battery, it's much more bulky and heavy

Reactions: gren_patterson
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.