Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PocketSand11

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2014
~/
Mavericks works better than Mountain Lion, though. My MBA from 2012 is working better than it ever did before. I'm even using the beta of Yosemite. But Mavericks was definitely a step up from ML, which was a step up from Lion. Better battery life, better performance, when comparing Mavericks to ML.

I tried it on both my Macs, and it was a disaster. Same for all my family members and friends. The common factor was that we all had HDDs, not SSDs. I think Mavericks accesses the hard drive a lot more than it should, and that's not noticeable on new Macs with SSDs.

robanybody

macrumors newbie
May 13, 2013
Way too little and way too late, with my Dropbox account having received an upgrade from 100Gb to 1 terabyte a few days ago. And I certainly wouldn't trust Apple to get it right this time either given the debacle of it's previous offerings, especially given the rather cavalier attitude of "well you shouldn't have relied on it". For goodness sake their current iCloud offering can't even take my music. At least 30 commercially available files have been marked as "not suitable for iCloud"

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
Mountain Lion. It's not an issue with paying for OS upgrades. Old hardware only feels old when you install a new OS on it. Windows users are in a better position in that way since Microsoft makes money off of software only, unlike Apple, which tries to make us buy new hardware all the time. Anyway, I also simply don't want to have to deal with it. My current OS works great with my software and my workflow, so I'd rather not change things around unless the new OS has some features that would actually help a lot… which hasn't been the case since the Mountain Lion upgrade.

Mavericks performs better than Mountain Lion, in my experience.

Topher227

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2012
Chicago, IL
I received an invite yesterday. Just accepted it now... (see screenshots)

Attachments

• Seed1.png
    Seed1.png
    13.5 KB · Views: 98
  • Seed2.png
    Seed2.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 90

Planey28

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2010
Birmingham, UK
I tried it on both my Macs, and it was a disaster. Same for all my family members and friends. The common factor was that we all had HDDs, not SSDs. I think Mavericks accesses the hard drive a lot more than it should, and that's not noticeable on new Macs with SSDs.

My mac has a HDD and it runs much better on Mavericks than with Mountain lion... lots of under the hood improvements in Mavericks. Everybody I've come across loves Mavericks.

captain cadet

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2012
Windows 7 came out around the same time as Snow Leopard, and Apple doesn't even give a hoot about Mountain Lion. What the heck, Apple? And no, I don't use Windows and never will.
Who uses Windows 8? The only way they can get it into mainstream is to make it for Windows 7.

SteveLV702

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada
Still wishing Apple would release an iMessage/Messages client for Windows (or just make it a web app accessible via iCloud.com).

I've got to use a few Windows machines for various reasons and really sucks not to be able to converse like I can when on Mac OS. Especially with the new SMS relay features in iOS 8/Yosemite.

ya waiting for one too as for work on a Surface Pro 3 tablet and would be nice to use iMessage from it.

----------

now how does one get invited to AppleSeed? :-(

mkeith813

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2014
Website Updating

This morning they have changed the site to "updating"

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    197.4 KB · Views: 58

ziggie216

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2008
just got my invite, no idea how I got picked since I didnt sign up for anything other than yosemite beta recently.

----------

btw if they're this late in releasing iCloud drive for Windows beta this late, sound like it won't be available for public release until late fall / early winter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.