Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OrangeCuse44

macrumors 65832
Original poster
Oct 25, 2006
I imported some externally purchased audiobooks into the Books app on my MacBook Pro. I have cloud syncing on for Books for all devices but they will not show up on my iPhone/iPad. I turned iCloud sync on and off, restarted my MBP and iPhone but they refuse to show up on my phone or iPad. Imported .epub books do sync so it’s definitely an issue with the audiobooks. Anyone have an idea about this?

macrlz9

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2003
Illinois
Came here for the same answer. I guess that Audiobooks simply don't sync via iCloud. Even DRM free. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Deedeekay

Cancelled
Aug 18, 2021
I find syncing, in general, across all Apple apps, to be utterly craptastic. I'm also constantly getting songs on the iPhone through Music popping up the message, "This song is not accessible in your region." Like, wtf? Even though it'll play just fine on the Mac. Minutes to hours later, it plays again on the iPhone. Sometimes it'll just stop in the middle of playing a song and then suddenly be unavailable. Podcasts, especially, seem to be really awful at syncing between the apps and devices.

How hard, really, is it to sync **** when you own EVERY part of the ecosystem?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.