Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lewis_reads

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 12, 2021
Please help! I am reading a couple books and am constantly looking up definitions to new vocabulary words. How can I make a list of the words/definition as I read? I would love to look back to learn these words throughly.

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
What about copying and pasting the words into a Notes page? The same lookup as Books is available in Notes.

Lewis_reads

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 12, 2021
I was hoping for a simple and more direct way, like when a word is lookedup, you would have a choice right there. Too simple?

Cancelled
Apr 16, 2020
I was hoping for a simple and more direct way, like when a word is lookedup, you would have a choice right there. Too simple?
I can understand you'd like options that aren't available, and it's a nice idea actually. Unfortunately the Lookup definitions are not copyable. You could highlight the word and create a Note (within Books, not the Notes app mentioned above) from that same contextual menu, and review your Notes list for that book, but the Notes list is not exportable.

5FF7C94A-E972-4543-AF2B-4820D118B931.jpeg

You can also give Apple feedback about your idea: https://www.apple.com/feedback/books-ios-ipados.html

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.