Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Raajj

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2019
Whats worse than stretch for these, is weight loss. Went from a size 8 to a 6. Rendering all 8's I barely wore, unwearable as they are too lose :(
ah that is bad. on the flipside however, congratulations on loosing your weight!

kenco8801

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2023
I spent 2.5hrs speaking to Apple at the weekend because of this issue...
I bought my Series 8 with braided loop in January. Just this past week I noticed that it was no longer fitting properly and it was sliding around my wrist. Very unhappy about this, I contacted Apple support for a replacement or repair as it was less than 6 months old.
I originally went to the online chat through the Support app on my iPhone, I spoke to an initial agent and then was transferred to a senior advisor - but was eventually told that I would receive a call back from the support department.
Apple refused to replace or repair the strap. I was transferred to a senior technical support rep, was told again the same thing that Apple "would not be able to replace or repair the strap". He asked to see photos/videos of the strap, so after sending me a link I uploaded them... He then said there was no physical damage or defect, but could still not replace the strap as there was nothign wrong with it(!?)
I quoted this to him from Citezens advice:
"Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, goods should be of a satisfactory quality, fit for purpose and as described. My rights have been breached because the item you sold me is faulty/doesn't match the description. I would like a repair or replacement.
He tried advising me to go into the store, as they *might* be able to do something(?!). The store is 1hr drive away. I explained that I did not need to go to a store, I bought the watch online and so with distance selling regulations they had an obligation to resolve this as the item was faulty. Plus, with no guarantee that they would do something in store I wasn't willing to take the chance. He offered to transfer me to the after sales team.
The After sales were really apologetic, they explained that there was literally nothing they could do as it was a technical support matter. They were very nice and re-transferred me back to the technical support team.
I was speaking to this person for all of about 2 mins (after re-playing the whole story for the 5th time!) and was immediately transferred to a Manager.
6th time's a charm...!
After again reiterating that it is my right under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 to seek a repair or replacement for an item of unsatisfactoryu quality and which is no longer fit for purpose - I was promised a call back later that day.
Finally, I was called back by Apple in the afternoon and they have upheld my request, and are dispatching me another watch strap.
I discussed with the person whether I should change it from a Size 8 to a Size 7 and she acknowledged that it should not be necessary as there is clearly a fault with my strap. If the same thing should happen again then I need to contact them again - this could be Apple's way of not admitting there to be a problem but at least, now i am happy!

Reactions: addamas and twanj

Raajj

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2019
I spent 2.5hrs speaking to Apple at the weekend because of this issue...
I bought my Series 8 with braided loop in January. Just this past week I noticed that it was no longer fitting properly and it was sliding around my wrist. Very unhappy about this, I contacted Apple support for a replacement or repair as it was less than 6 months old.
I originally went to the online chat through the Support app on my iPhone, I spoke to an initial agent and then was transferred to a senior advisor - but was eventually told that I would receive a call back from the support department.
Apple refused to replace or repair the strap. I was transferred to a senior technical support rep, was told again the same thing that Apple "would not be able to replace or repair the strap". He asked to see photos/videos of the strap, so after sending me a link I uploaded them... He then said there was no physical damage or defect, but could still not replace the strap as there was nothign wrong with it(!?)
I quoted this to him from Citezens advice:
"Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, goods should be of a satisfactory quality, fit for purpose and as described. My rights have been breached because the item you sold me is faulty/doesn't match the description. I would like a repair or replacement.
He tried advising me to go into the store, as they *might* be able to do something(?!). The store is 1hr drive away. I explained that I did not need to go to a store, I bought the watch online and so with distance selling regulations they had an obligation to resolve this as the item was faulty. Plus, with no guarantee that they would do something in store I wasn't willing to take the chance. He offered to transfer me to the after sales team.
The After sales were really apologetic, they explained that there was literally nothing they could do as it was a technical support matter. They were very nice and re-transferred me back to the technical support team.
I was speaking to this person for all of about 2 mins (after re-playing the whole story for the 5th time!) and was immediately transferred to a Manager.
6th time's a charm...!
After again reiterating that it is my right under the Consumer Rights Act 2015 to seek a repair or replacement for an item of unsatisfactoryu quality and which is no longer fit for purpose - I was promised a call back later that day.
Finally, I was called back by Apple in the afternoon and they have upheld my request, and are dispatching me another watch strap.
I discussed with the person whether I should change it from a Size 8 to a Size 7 and she acknowledged that it should not be necessary as there is clearly a fault with my strap. If the same thing should happen again then I need to contact them again - this could be Apple's way of not admitting there to be a problem but at least, now i am happy!
yes, which is why when i got a free replacement from apple, i sold the stretched band the replacement and purchased a used trail loop. dont have any issues ever since.

TtotheA

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2023
i had on the ultra was size 4 and it was very snug fit initially
What is your wrist size want to order a braided solo loop myself but a little confused between size 4 and size 5. Unfortunately I don't have any apple store nearby. For reference my wrist size is 16.2 cms and on the apple measuring tool it shows that my size should be a 6.

Raajj

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2019
i tired the smallest band possible that would not squeeze my wrist to the point that it would cut the blood supply lol! but still after 5 months it loosened to the point that my apple watch ultra would hit my wrist when i wiggle my palms after hand wash. in my view the braided loop is meant for the aluminum version of the watch as its much lighter. i used it on my previous aluminum without any issues for more than a year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.