Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

YS2003

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 24, 2004
Finally I have arrived.....
I have been trying to pair this Apple BT keyboard with my Macs. I have 2 other BT keyboards and they pair with my PB/iBook perfectly. But, this one Apple BT does not pair with any of my Macs. It pairs up briefly with PB but lost its connection.
Is there a way to "reset" the BT keyboard? My Macs (PB/iBook/MBP) all see this BT keyboard (it already has a name) but cannot pair with it.
Edit: The battery is in good condition. I even tried it with brand new batteries just to eliminate this factor as the potential culprit.

Reflow

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2005
NJ/PHL
I have been trying to pair this Apple BT keyboard with my Macs. I have 2 other BT keyboards and they pair with my PB/iBook perfectly. But, this one Apple BT does not pair with any of my Macs. It pairs up briefly with PB but lost its connection.
Is there a way to "reset" the BT keyboard? My Macs (PB/iBook/MBP) all see this BT keyboard (it already has a name) but cannot pair with it.

I know this is a dumb question but did you replace the batteries.

YS2003

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 24, 2004
I know this is a dumb question but did you replace the batteries.
Battery is okay. I know this is nothing to do with battery.
I just noticed I may need to delete the pairing with my other Mac. Maybe that is the reason I still see the name of this BT when I attempt to pair it with my MBP.

Peterkro

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2004
Communard de Londres,Tiocfaidh ár lá
Make sure the batteries have good connections (roll them round a few times to clean contact with spring.I just had that problem with a brand new BT keyboard and it flummoxed me for a while.(RIP first BT keyboard died in action due to flood)
PS I dismantled the first keyboard to try and effect a repair (couldn't because of damage to printed circuit[ I haven't given up as soon as I lay hands on a conductive pen I'll redraw the bastards])anyway I was surprised how well they're build a regular design and engineering masterclass,compared to top of the line Microsoft keyboards it's genius.

YS2003

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 24, 2004
Finally I was able to pair this BT keyboard with my MBP. What I did was I took the battery out from the keyboard and leave it as that for about 15 to 30 minutes. I thought the keyboard is still remembering the previous pairing with my other Mac. It seems this "reset (for the lack of the better word)" the keyboard and pairing was complete.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.