Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
Decided to call Apple support today as I wanted to know if my 1 year old 6s battery had reached a mAh level where it was deemed to require a battery replacement.

Support actually performed a diagnostic test remotely & determined that my battery was ok (as I'd expected), saving me a trip to an Apple store.

Just an fyi.

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
Thought this was common knowledge.
Perhaps.

Just noticed a few posts where people left an Apple Store disgruntled at not getting the battery replaced as they anticipated.

Community service announcement. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: akash.nu

HallStevenson

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2012
Support actually performed a diagnostic test remotely & determined that my battery was ok (as I'd expected)
Their remote test said my battery was okay as well.
  • Coconut says my battery is at 71.5% design capacity
  • CPU Dasher X says my CPU runs at 1100, 839, and 600 mhz (at different time). Never has shown it running at 1400 mhz (and maybe it only does during CPU-intensive functions).
  • Geekbench scores are lower than a 5s
  • Our daughter's iPod touch 6th-gen feels faster in use

zhandri

Suspended
Sep 4, 2012
Just because the diagnosis says the battery is ok, does not necessary mean you're phone is not being throttled. There are people on the forum that were told by apple that their batteries were good but still had bad performance and lowered clocks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.