Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StarShot

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 31, 2014
I'm running my IP 11 version 13.1.3. When I connect my IP to my car to use Apple Car Play for navigation, I slightly prefer Waze over Apple Maps. However, since the update, I can't bring up Waze when I'm connected. Car Play seems to default to Apple Maps even if the Apple Maps App is NOT running.

Today I was out and about and had the same problem so I pulled into a parking lot and deleted Apple Maps from my IP 11. After doing so, Waze popped right up on my screen and worked perfectly.

Before the iOS update, Waze worked fine leading me to believe the problem is in iOS or maybe the Waze App needs an update.

I doubt my car has anything to do with this problem, but for the record, it's an '18 Genesis G80. On this car, I have to be wired to use Car Play.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
I'm running my IP 11 version 13.1.3. When I connect my IP to my car to use Apple Car Play for navigation, I slightly prefer Waze over Apple Maps. However, since the update, I can't bring up Waze when I'm connected. Car Play seems to default to Apple Maps even if the Apple Maps App is NOT running.

Today I was out and about and had the same problem so I pulled into a parking lot and deleted Apple Maps from my IP 11. After doing so, Waze popped right up on my screen and worked perfectly.

Before the iOS update, Waze worked fine leading me to believe the problem is in iOS or maybe the Waze App needs an update.

I doubt my car has anything to do with this problem, but for the record, it's an '18 Genesis G80. On this car, I have to be wired to use Car Play.

Not seen that behavior at all on my phone (Xs Max, iOS 13.2) nor only wife's (iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13.2). We have Waze, Apple Maps and Google maps and are able to switch at will between the 3 apps on both phones using CarPlay (Ford Sync3 and Alpine ILX-107 head units). Of course, you cannot run Waze or Google Maps via the Dashboard.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.