Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Odi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 27, 2021
I am thinking about applying for one since my Barclay card no longer does 0% financing on Apple products and was wondering if people enjoyed using Apple Card for that

Reactions: maternidad

guinnessduck

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2020
I've had no problems at all on mine. Used it for a few purchases from Apple (most recently new iPhones) and haven't had any issues... got my cash back promptly (it adds you cash back to Apple Cash which you can use for purchases, sending to friends, paying your bills, or just transferring it in to your bank account).

stephenschimpf

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2018
San Pedro, CA
Extremely happy with it. It's my default card with Apple Pay, which I use everywhere they take it. Unlike some of my other cards, where the cash back accumulates and you have to redeem it or transfer it to another account, the Apple Card cash back goes to Apple Cash every day. You get 3% if buying Apple stuff, so I got like $35 back the day I bought my new 13PM.

Reactions: BigMcGuire

remington79

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2020
I like mine. About a month, month and a half ago I got fraudulent charges on mine. I received a purchase alert on my push notifications and I went to Wallet and was able to click on the transaction and dispute it.
They stopped the charge and refunded me. They were able to tell it was the virtual number that got hacked and explained how to change the number. I did all of this at midnight. The only thing I can think of is an app I used to order groceries online was hacked because it happened about a day after I placed an order.
I like how it shows the interest and tracks your spending. I don’t use expense tracking software on my computer and the app is sufficient for me.

Sullivan0930

Suspended
Oct 14, 2021
Anyone else got any reviews?

Im thinking of getting it just for the UI. I have my Bank of America CC that i rarely use, but im a sucker for a good UI and the apple card seems like something i would actually use and take advantage of the cash back rewards. Between this and my Coinbase debit card i think ill be good with rewards.

KRG

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2015
Orange County, CA
I love it for the UI and ease of use. I'm a longtime Amex user for the customer service and perks. I initially got the Apple Card to use strictly for Apple Pay, Apple Purchases, and as a backup where Amex isn't accepted, but I've liked it so much It's nearly my main card now. I use my Amex for dining/travel/groceries for the better rewards, and this for most everything else. Exceeded expectations.

Reactions: sjnuss

remington79

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2020
It’s been good as I said earlier. One weird thing. Ever since I changed my virtual number I can’t re-add it to the Kroger app for when I order online. Don’t worry for those who do, NOT Kroger Pay. I won’t do that or the Walmart one, it just encourages them.

Reactions: PhoenixDown

mlody

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2012
Windy City
If you use any kind of service to sync your multiple cards etc into one (like Quicken or Mint etc), forget Apple Card. I am very disappointed that Apple Card does not support this type of functionality. I complained to Apple, but their answer, go downloads statements and do things manually like it was 1990's.

If you can use Apple Pay with Apple Card everywhere to get 2% cash back, then it is a decent card, otherwise, there is nothing special about it - most cards offer Free Credit reports/scores, additional warranties etc, but this card does none of that.

aok75

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2021
Anyone else got any reviews?

Im thinking of getting it just for the UI. I have my Bank of America CC that i rarely use, but im a sucker for a good UI and the apple card seems like something i would actually use and take advantage of the cash back rewards. Between this and my Coinbase debit card i think ill be good with rewards.

I have both. BOA credit cards gives me 3 percent on online purchases while apple gives me 1. I would not get a card for the UI, which Is way better than any other card.

Sullivan0930

Suspended
Oct 14, 2021
I have both. BOA credit cards gives me 3 percent on online purchases while apple gives me 1. I would not get a card for the UI, which Is way better than any other card.
i get 2% on everything. my BOA card never gets used because the BOA app is terrible and im liking using a credit card for all purchases instead of debit, and the ease of paying it all off with automation.

ive had it for almost a week and im a fan.

NYCValkyrie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2019
It's fine but it isn't the greatest card. I really only use it for Apple purchases, the iPhone Upgrade Program, App store, etc and then use the cash back towards my payment. The only balance I carry are the 0% payment plan on Apple purchases as needed. I have better APR (for non-Apple purchases) on other cards but I don't carry a balance on any at the moment. I get better points/perks on my Chase Sapphire Reserve card so that's my main card.

So yeah, it's fine but certainly better cards depending on what rewards you're looking for but it's great for all things Apple. I do like the UI and the ease of generating a new card number if needed. It's a nice backup.

Phil77354

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2014
Pacific Northwest, U.S.
I've had an Apple Card since shortly after it was first announced. I'm very satisfied. Over time I've found myself using it more and more - as default for purchases made online using Apple Pay, and I ALWAYS buy Apple products using the Apple Card in order to get the 3% cash back and occasionally use the 0% financing. I have my Apple TV+ and other subscriptions billed to it as well.

It takes some adjustment to get used to the iPhone app interface but everything is there and I'm starting to like it. I schedule the payments well in advance and don't have to worry about them.

I've only used the physical card once - at an Apple Store! since they couldn't take Apple Pay for some reason (??) - and I carry it in my wallet more as a curiosity as anything else.

DontGetTheCheese

macrumors 6502
Nov 22, 2015
Hmm, I might have to look into this...

it doesn’t require an Apple Card to do this, but that probably does give you 3%.

I had generally been happy with it but I’m going to dump it. I don’t really have any way to pay Apple back for what they did to me other than to not buy their products, so one product at a time will go away and this is an easy one.

I can’t really hurt them but no reason to give money to a company that jerked me around like they did.

minimo3

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2010
It’s nothing to write home about. It’s fine as a backup but you can do much better. With my most recent iPhone 13 purchase I used the 10% cash back on my chase sapphire card for Best Buy purchases (it’s a limited time offer). Combine that with a $550 trade in for iPhone 11 and it was a sweet deal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.