Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dlopan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2008
Albuquerque
Goldman Sachs doesn't take PO boxes for billing? thats weird. No local mail where I live (NM). I bought a new Studio and got a apple card for the freebies. After running around with apple, got tired of that and called GH. I'll pay it off and cancel the card.

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017
According to this article, this has been the law since 2001 for all credit card companies: that they must have a physical address for applicants, and PO boxes are not considered physical addresses:

Screenshot 2022-12-21 at 5.37.13 PM.png

dlopan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2008
Albuquerque
just like the last line says. mailing address can be a po box. I get stuff at my real address just no mail. I have applied for credit using my po box mailing address after 2001

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017
just like the last line says. mailing address can be a po box. I get stuff at my real address just no mail. I have applied for credit using my po box mailing address after 2001

I'm not following you. If you do indeed have a physical (non-PO box) address, then why not just use that for your Apple Card? I mean, isn't that what you are already doing, seeing as you were approved for and have the card already?

If you're talking about receiving your actual statement, do they not do that all online (paperless billing)?

Last edited:

dlopan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2008
Albuquerque
No local delivery in this part of NM. Have to use PO Box for mail. I prefer paper for billing.

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017
No local delivery in this part of NM. Have to use PO Box for mail. I prefer paper for billing.

But you should be able to ADD a separate mailing address (not CHANGE your physical [non-PO box] address, which is required). For example, here is what it says on my Amazon Chase account:

Screenshot 2022-12-21 at 9.59.34 PM.png

If you don't see something like this online, then call them up. I can't imagine why they wouldn't allow that as long as you keep your physical address as your primary address.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.